Thursday, March 15, 2012

Music that calms my soul...

I am a huge music lover, some of you may already know that and some of you may have no idea...


I have been singing for as long as I can remember and I greatly enjoy listening to all different kinds of music, I will probably be reviewing a lot of music.

To start off with some basics about my love of music, the guidlines of my music listening are...


THERE ARE NONE!


I listen to anything and a lot of everything, of course I have my favorite genres...

My favorite genres are as follows (in no order)

  • Country
  • Punk rock
  • Christian (contemporary)
  • Hardcore
  • Post-hardcore
  • Alternative
  • Vocal
  • Easy listening
  • Acoustic
  • Folk
As you will notice, some of the more popular genres are missing (Rap, Hip-hop, pop) not to say that I do not listen to them, just to say that I do not like a lot of it, as I think it is all the same and a lot of it is overdone. There are a few pop artists that I will probably mention at some point in time, so no one needs to go get their pannies in a wad and say "you said you didn't listen to that!"

I listen to what I listen to because it has meaning and I feel like it tells a story, a story not about sex or drugs, but about love and true passion about something you stand for.

Not to bash all mainstream music, but I will probably be reviewing music that is not so mainstream and over played.




No comments:

Post a Comment